Tunnelling and Underground Construction Society (Singapore) (TUCSS) is awarding to its members Study Grants of up to $5,000 towards an overseas study programme, such as postgraduate diploma or masters degree course to further their knowledge in Tunnellingand/or Underground construction. Two awards will be made per annum to eligible candidates. All members are welcome to apply; members who are also RE(T) or RTO(T) are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for submission for 2019: 15 August 2019.
The grant may cover part or full amount requested, subject to the decision of the TUCSS Committee. The Society reserves the right to recover the grant amount in the event of non-completion of the study programme.
Recipients of the Overseas Study Grant
2018 Diwakar Velu (Advanced Masters in Tunnelling and Tunnel Boring Machines, Politecnico Torino, Italy)
The Study grant is open to:
- Evidence of enrollment at an overseas programme to study tunnelling and/or underground construction related subjects
- The cost of the study programme is either $5,000 or more
- The duration of study is not less than either one year or two semesters
Applicants are to submit:
- The study programme including details of the subjects and duration,
- Certified true copies of the acceptance letter from the Institution of the study programme as evidence of enrolment and
- cover letter to the TUCSS Committee stating with clear reasons why the candidate should be granted the study award.
At the end of the study programme, submit certified true copies of relevant documents such as certificate of achievement as evidence of satisfactory completion of the programme.