Tunnelling and Underground Construction Society (Singapore) (TUCSS) is awarding to its members Study Grants of up to $5,000 towards an overseas study programme, such as postgraduate diploma or masters degree course to further their knowledge in Tunnelling and/or Underground construction.
Two awards will be made per annum to eligible candidates. All members are welcome to apply; members who are also RE(T) or RTO(T) are encouraged to apply.
The grant may cover part or full amount requested, subject to the decision of the TUCSS Committee. The Society reserves the right to recover the grant amount in the event of non-completion of the study programme.
The Study grant is open to:
· TUCSS Individual Members
· Evidence of enrollment at an overseas programme to study tunnelling and/or underground construction related subjects
· The cost of the study programme is either $5,000 or more
· The duration of study is not less than either one year or two semesters
Applicants to submit:
· The study programme including details of the subjects and duration,
· Certified true copies of the acceptance letter from the Institution of the study programme as evidence of enrolment and
· cover letter to the TUCSS Committee stating with clear reasons why the candidate should be granted the study award.
At the end of the study programme, submit certified true copies of relevant documents such as certificate of achievement as evidence of satisfactory completion of the programme.
The deadline for submissions is 15 September 2022.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as the TUCSS Committee has reached a decision but normally within a period of three months.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The TUCSS Committee’s decision on the award of the study grant is final.